Client is the leading global supplier of products, solutions and services within rolling bearings, seals, mechatronics, services and lubrication systems. Services include technical support, maintenance services, condition monitoring and training.
The purpose of APQP is “to produce a product quality plan which will support development of a product or service that will satisfy the customer.
Advanced Product Quality Planning (or APQP) is a framework of procedures and techniques used to develop products in industry, particularly the automotive industry. Client being the largest bearing maker wanted to implement this process.
Customer requirement has to go through the following workflow:
- Business Development
- Supply Chain
A centralized database “APQP db” was used for handling the above workflow.
- AE submits the below mentioned activities to LSB.
- Risk Management
- Project Charter
- Business Gate Evaluation File.
- A phase depends upon the Category selected.
- Implemented the Process flow for New Channel Release.
- Implemented the Process flow for New Product Release
- Implemented the Process Flow for New Customer Offer (New Applications, New Operating Conditions, Customized Application Specific Product).
- Implemented the Process flow for Engineering Change Management (Material Change, Supplier Change, and Manufacturing Process Change).
- Helps in Understanding the needs of the customer
- Proactive feedback and corrective action
- Designing within the process capabilities
- Analyzing and mitigating failure modes
- Verification and validation
- Design reviews
- Control special / critical characteristics.