Client is India’s largest fast moving consumer goods company, with leadership in Home & Personal Care Products and Foods & Beverages. Their brands, spread across 20 distinct consumer categories, touch the lives of two out of three Indians. They endow the company with a scale of combined volumes of about 4 million tonnes and sales over Rs.13 crores.
In client’s company, users of various departments like hair, skin, oral want to experiment on their products. The experiment or trials are carried out for many purposes that include observing the side effects, to check the quality of product etc. In such cases, approval of higher authority to carry out such experiments is needed. A mechanism was required for factory management to track the status of the each trial requests.
Microsoft SharePoint based workflow system was developed with below features
- Role based access to different actors in the Trial process.
- System maintains secured workflow for managing the life cycle of a Trial Experiment.
- User can submit the travel request, refer trial request submitted by other users of the same category.
- Network planner can change the time slot which is proposed by user and can comment on the same.
- Complete view to management of each and every Trial request being carried out serves as a knowledge repository for users prior carrying a separate trial and hence saving upon their time.
- Department heads are well aware and in control of cost which is spend by their department on Trials.