There are some UI features or functionalities that there are not possible to match directly to SharePoint features.
Here are few of them to list down:
- Grouping at more than one level
- Add icons to the columns to show rows statuses
- Columns with different colors to highlight something
- Mark a full row with a particular color to highlight a particular status
- Change the size of a column
- Select multiple rows to take a specific action, like export or Submit
- Advance search or filters for grids
- Totals, sub totals, averages and so on for more than one level
In order to cover all features and functionalities we propose to use third party UI components e.g. Telerik, Infragistics.